Friday, October 15, 2010

Lyon School Autumn Plein Air



Hello All-----The weather is going to be beautiful for plein air painting-----I am looking forward to painting all weekend! Saturday workshop from 8 to 4 pm-----Open paint Saturday and Sunday all day ( you do not have to take the workshop if you come Saturday)

If you would like to come out earlier or stay later that would be fine----and anyone is welcome to bring a tent and sleeping bag to stay over----or I highly recommend a stay at the Central Hotel in New Haven-----Just give me a call with any questions----573-834-5064----I'm home cooking today!

Direction to Lyon School from St Louis: Hwy 44 west to Hwy 100 west (towards Washington)Go through Washington and New Haven----continue 9 miles past New Haven to
V V ----go Left on V V 1 mile to Lyon School Road -----go right----then 1 mile to property on left ---mailbox is on the right side opposite the driveway-----

please scroll down in this blog to my supply list from my Spring plein air workshop----or give me a call----

I enjoyed a wonderful plein air event in Ste Genevieve Mo Last week----and had the beautiful reward of receiving "Best of Show " in oils for this 8 x 12 painted at sunset at Chaumette Winery---"Evening Splendor" -----I arrived in Ste Gen and went directly to Charleville winery --------knowing it would be a rush to paint a small piece and enter the "Paint the Wineries " contest-----so I decided to just paint on my own -------I painted this 8 x 10 "Cosmos with a View" as the other artists painting there went off to the evening's reception----I then decided to hurry over to Chaumette ----it's about 5 oclock at this point ----to paint the sunset ---the owner graciously allowed me to stay and paint after closing ------and I relaxed into the warm glow of sunset and long shadows that blanketed the huge view------ relaxed and painted quickly -----is that an oxymoron? In alla prima style---I think it is just what the painter needs!!
As an added bonus I sold ----" Evening Splendor"---- the next day as I was framing it outside the Main Street Inn-----!

1 comment:

  1. Had a lovely day at your house today. Thanks to you and Tommy for being such wonderful hosts. Alessandra

    ReplyDelete