Sunday, May 9, 2010

Change is in the air

hello all

A big blogging THANKS to those who came out for my Lyon School Plein Air Spring painting workshop and paint out! I foresee that in the future my plein air workshops will become a holistic event of painting, music , food and health ! I was happy that my real food lunch served was as big a hit as my suggested color palette ! My next plein air event is planned for the 3rd weekend of october----I am available for private and group lessons throughout the year---give me a call--573-834-5064
As springtime grows all around us I have been out painting it----I participated in the Augusta Missouri 8th annual plein air event ----over 100 artists painted and sketched the lovely Missouri landscape and quaint town, and we then presented our completed fresh work in a show and sale on the final day.
I have just returned from a plein air workshop in Bennett Springs Missouri, taught by the talented young painter, Joshua Been , from Salida, Colorado. This workshop was hosted by Macreed's Gallery , Lebanon, Mo. I had a wonderful time working hard at gaining new insights into the nuances of impressionistic plein air and studio oils!
I highly recommend Josh as a knowledgable, energetic, and generous teacher.

Lyon School Summer Studio Sale and Open House
is just 6 weeks away!!! June 26th and 27th, 2010
12 Noon until 6 pm -----------------------------in consideration of the current economy------------particularly mine----I will be adjusting my prices for a period of time-----------------
-------- Thanks to my past clients and collectors for understanding this move------------

All are welcome to give me a call for a visit to my home studio here at Lyon School anytime------------573-834-5064 or e-mail-----art@juliewiegand.com thanks!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment