Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Supplies, Info, etc ---- April 17th workshop

Hello all ----I need to clear up a bit of confusion ----My Spring Plein Air weekend is Saturday and Sunday April 17 th and 18th-----that's clear---- --All are invited to come to paint plein air---or just to watch and admire the art being produced-----at no charge both Saturday and Sunday----My plein air WORKSHOP IS SATURDAY ONLY from 9 until 5 pm at a cost of $65. ---including lunch which I will lovingly prepare-----I will be sure to state the information differently for my October Plein Air Event!

SUGGESTED Supply List for OIL PAINTERS : Limited palette: Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow,Titanium White additional colors Scarlet Lake, Permanent Yellow Deep, Pthalo Blue, Burnt Sienna, odorless thinner---i prefer eco friendly citrus thinner--linseed oil , small bottle of olive oil or lotion

ALL ARTISTS NEED:Large brimmed hat, portable easel, rags and or paper towels, 4 or 5 small panels or canvases about 8 x 10 size---plus one or two larger size of your preference---

On Saturday Morning ---for the workshop I will do a demonstration----and talk about plein air and the elements that go into painting a successful painting as well as covering practical and technical information---ending with a short question and answer session---
Then you will all set up to paint---I will assist you if you need it ----giving as much individual attention as you need-----at the end of the day--- if time allows ----we will do a short critique -----I am looking forward to sharing with you what I have learned in my 30 years of doing art ---- and I will enjoy---I'm sure ---learning from you!
We will break for lunch mid- day----and I will only cancel if the weather is impossible----!

No comments:

Post a Comment